Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I'm Back! Online and On-Task

After moving in with my aunt and being without internet for a few months, I'm finally back!

It's been hard times for my family and I so far, but we're working to get to a better place in our lives now - in simpler terms, we're saving up to move to Oregon in a couple months.

In terms of my art, I've been lacking in inspiration/motivation, so I've decided to get back into practicing every day (ideally).
I've found a great website to do so - Posemaniacs.com
It's a massive free database of CG human models in various poses and camera angles for artists to practice figure drawing.


It also has Flash-based tools like a random pose viewer, detailed hand models, and a 30 second pose viewer - for gesture drawing practice, it displays a randomly picked pose for whatever time limit you've set (from 10 to 90 seconds each), so you can practice drawing the "gesture" of a pose, or the bare essentials of a pose that still convey its attitude, weight, flow, etc.
Essentially, this website is the closest thing to free figure drawing classes I've seen.

Here's the result of my first session, with 45-second time limits: (Drawn in Adobe Flash with brush tool and a tablet)

Keep in mind that the tool won't stop displaying models, so feel free to stop drawing after 10 or so poses - I didn't quite know that as you can see from the number of drawings here. But hey, it's refreshing to be back into drawing again.

I do have some Megaman-themed drawings I've done here and there over the past year, I'm thinking to upload those here later today or tomorrow.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment