Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Doodles and E3 Thoughts


it's been getting uncomfortably warm lately, one day I doodled these as some stress relief and thought they were interesting.


woke up annoyingly early to catch the 7am Nintendo Direct the other day, so I doodled while listening to this spankin' new Vocaloid song Raspberry Monster while waiting for it to start. The video's pretty rad and I have a soft spot for girls who punch things so I drew this character and liked it, then spent most of the morning messing with it while crying blogging about all the E3 and Nintendo Direct news over on Tumblr. I'll draw her better some other time.

Speaking of E3 - good grief so much craziness! From Microsoft shooting themselves in the foot and Sony subsequently rubbing it in their faces, to new IPs and indie games like Watch Dogs and Transistor, to tear-inducing announcements like Kingdom Hearts 3 (GASP) and Smash Bros. 4, but here's the real kicker:

MEGA MAN! MEGA MAN IN SMASH BROTHERS! Quite literally a dream come true, despairing mega man fans are coming out of the woodwork and rising from their graves over this news! In one minute and a half trailer Nintendo has probably done more for the mega man fanbase than Capcom has in the past 5 years. I could write an essay on how great he looks and how wonderfully Nintendo has done him justice, but in short I'm just ecstatic! (please go watch the trailer it is amazing)

And what's more a Villager from Animal Crossing and of all things, the Wii Fit Trainer are also joining the fray! What a time to be alive! This is pretty much my first time seriously watching and participating in anything from E3, and I'm very happy I did! There's nothing quite like hundreds of people screaming with excitement over video games, no arguments, only joy. 
I'll definitely have to draw something in honor of some of these events, look out for that.

Now if I could even afford any next-gen consoles or games...

No comments:

Post a Comment