Sunday, May 26, 2013

Highlights From Weekend Vacation With Extended Family

Came home last night, felt like writing a semi-stream-of-consciousness sorta thing for my amusement at least since I had a really good time. Most of this was written rather late at night, some weirdness shows.



1st day

Long drive, arrived at the house in a little farm town, peaceful
Played with super cute jack russel terrier puppy
he was super hyper and harassed our poor chihuahua almost constantly

Good food - pizza for lunch, chicken enchiladas for dinner

Played on cousins' Xbox 360
On observing the stacks of FPS games I realized I was deep in enemy territory
so I checked the list of downloaded games and found Sonic 2 near the bottom of the list
All is forgiven.

Did a quick play of Sonic 2
I'm no sonic expert but I think did decently enough as a straightforward playthru with no savestates...
until Metropolis Zone screwed me 10 times over.
Even save states didn't help me I freaking hate those levels literally everything kills you
Metropolis Zone more like "Just give up now you're done" zone

Tried out Minecraft Xbox 360 version, derped around in the tutorial world
controls are a bit awkward but still playable
except you can't crouch with the layout 1 controls because its bound to the camera stick what the hell

Then we left to a hotel for the evening
TV had like 20 channels and was dark and fuzzy but still watchable
we watched The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen on AMC
more like The League of Extraordinary Cheesiness
is it bad I still like that movie? Probably is. Oh well guess I'm an uncultured pig or something

Slept on 2 tiny square not-pillows thanks hotel

Day 2

back 2 da house back 2 da xbox 360 I'm not done with you yet you lovely black box of exagerrated masculinity
more like not done with minecraft for I have a mighty big need and a might empty wallet and I dare not pass up an opportunity

More derping around in tutorial land except this time with more domination as twice removed cousins watch in awe
only 1 guy actually played it for a decent length and recounted hilarious escapades with cousins to find dungeons that usually ended in him flooding and burning down his companions houses as thanks

explored the premade structures and tutorial areas, moved from tiny wooden shelter to 5 star premade castle house, good stuff
tried out farming, breeding animals, enchanting, potion brewing, even wolf taming
verily did I conquer the surrounding lands with my trusty 4 legged companions
or rather I ran around the desert then got scared and ran back to home base to actually try some mining

Protip doggies are nice but don't bring them mining with you especially if you do the "dig almost straight down and make a claustrophobic mine shaft" technique
half the time I ended up mining thru my dogs - lets just say they didn't yield any minerals
by the time I finally found a cave there was only 1 dog left and he died upon dropping down into the cave with me
you will be missed dear companions I whisper as I promptly forget about them and investigate an underground lava lake
it was big and cool-looking with waterfalls falling into it leaving obsidian where fire and water met

Then we had to leave to another house for the party - just when I was getting to the cool stuff oh well
it's closer to the actual farm areas so there were more animals and stuff

Discovery: baby chickens have an awkward teenager phase where they look like tiny adults but still have some baby feathers and still make peeping sounds and are still super cute

More good homemade food - rice with veggies, tender juicy beef shish kebab, amazing grilled shrimp kebab holy moly

speaking of which there is only one way to truly enjoy deep fried chicken:
1. pile some wood and make an open fire
2. if you have trouble pour some kerosene and light that mother up
3. place a shallow cauldron on top (make sure its clean of course)
4. fill said cauldron with over a gallon of cooking oil
5. let that stuff get nice and hot
6. put in your raw chicken, marinating in spices since the day before
7. fry those babies till they're golden brown and crispy
8. let em cool a bit, then bite into the best thing you've ever tasted

I noticed they had not one, but two horses in their yard, a black one and white one
I haven't been near a real horse in years so when they were close to a part of the fence I seized the opportunity
walked up and was like 'hi horsie' - white horse comes up like 'eyy gurl'
I was apprehensive but he let me stroke his face it was cool
and when I told my family they acted like I touched a wild bear or something haha

party was far from over but we had to drive home before nightfall
but not before I saw them bringing the cake and ice cream for later and I realized I had to miss out on it =( oh well


yeah that's pretty much it, I had a good time, lifted my spirits, always good to hang with family

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jenny girl, you are amazing, That was so good only you talk way over my head just like your dad does, So glad you had a good time. Also you should become a writer. You are very gifted Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete