Thursday, June 23, 2011

Work from Storyboarding class, Nov/Dec 2009

I was a tad disappointed with this class - in the first few weeks we learned some basic storyboarding tips/techniques and how to compose/present our drawings, and the rest of the quarter was just free time to storyboard commercials (or our own animated short). We just turned stuff in on the appointed dates and didn't even get feedback or critiques.
Ah well, I still have my storyboarding textbook, and I've learned a lot through other film and drawing classes in my program.

These were done back before I had my own tablet and had to keep renting one from the school, so I wasn't very good with it.
These old drawings sorta make me cringe; I can draw way better than this nowadays!

I boarded 4 commercials and 1 animated short, but I'll only post my first commercial to save space, (they're a whole bunch of jpgs) and give an idea of what I did in the class. These are very old and far from my best work, so I don't really want to take the time to turn them into animatics.

Here's my cat-centered version of this commercial: http://youtu.be/Z3aP5Ks7e1s

The turtle part still amuses me, it's probably the best short of the bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment